Lego Love...Dee and Ricky

By 7:28 PM ,

If you are into urban fashion, you've probably heard of Dee and Ricky. If you don't know them by name, you know them by their Lego shaped creations which have been worn by Kanye West, Travis of Gym Class Heroes and Rihanna just to name a few.

I'm not writing this post because I'm a fan of their work, it's okay but it's not my style (although they have some ill gold and silver square shaped lego rings that will be sold at Barney's later on this year!!! They also have this cigarette brooch on their site that is to die for, deeandricky.com ). I'm writing this post because I respect these dudes as individuals and hustlers.

I was watching New York One this morning as I usually do and there was a segment on them.

I found out that they are from Staten Island (I know, don't get me started as the only thing I like about SI is the mafia and Wu-Tang) and handmake their creations out of their apartment there. They have done quite well for themselves even collabing with Marc Jacobs and and here's the kicker...they didn't even finish high school!!!

That's amazing. I don't suggest that anyone do the same if they can help it, but the only reason why these dudes succeeded is because they were extremely individual and had a vision. They weren't aimless wanderers.

All in all, I salute these two brothers (who happen to be twin brothers, who knew?)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I just had to share.

You Might Also Like

0 comments